Join us for an evening of Wine & Design where we will guide you through designing a lush eucalyptus garland!
About this Event
Design Days at Jacksonville Flower Market
Instructor: Trisha Botz
Garlands and wreaths are no longer strictly used during the holiday season. They’ve become quite popular, which comes as no surprise because they’re fabulous regardless of the season or event! We love when garland uses a variety of greenery because it adds texture and depth .
You will leave class with a gorgeous 3 foot garland, tips and tricks for handling greenery, and enjoy 10% off our variety of fresh cut flowers immediately following class!
• Mix and mingle with refreshments
• Introduction of instructor (check out instructor bio below)
• Demonstration of technique using several examples
• Students follow lead and create the assigned design
• Individualized critique and tips for each student
• Closing and invitation to attend next class
Each class to contain:
• Care and handling tips for fresh flowers and foliage
• References to the Elements and Principles of Design
• Additional examples of the technique being taught
• Discussion of costs of materials, where appropriate, and other useful information
• Q&A welcome throughout the class
Bring flower tools, clippers or floral knife, apron and gloves optional (floral clippers available for purchase).
$65 per class includes all supplies and refreshments!
Lead Instructor: Trisha Botz (left)
Trisha has been in the floral industry since she was 18 years old. She attended FJC for floral design and has since gained her experience through many companies as well as her own successful catering and floral company. Trisha joined our team in 2019 and brought her expansive knowledge of weddings, events and floral design. Trisha joined us all the way from Colorado where she enjoyed wide open spaces, fresh air, and her favorite flower: lilacs.
Assistant: Jessica Mercer (right)
Jessica joined Jacksonville Flower Market in 2018 after graduating with an education degree from UNF. Her passion is educating – especially about flowers! She has experience in the market doing weddings, events, marketing retail and classes. Jessica is born and raised in Jacksonville and enjoys restoring old homes with her husband and cuddling her new baby!